GorhamHigh School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle


Gorham has a duty to locate, evaluate and identify any child residing in the District who qualifies
for Special Education services or any child attending the public schools who may require Section
504 accommodations or services.
Children eligible for special education include those children with disabilities who have autism,
deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, hearing impairment, multiple disabilities, orthopedic
impairment, other health impairment, specific learning disability, speech or language impairment,
traumatic brain injury, acquired brain injury, visual impairment, or developmental delay and who,
because of such an impairment, need special education services.
Children eligible for Section 504 accommodations or services include those children who have a
physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.
 If you suspect your child has a disability and may need special education services or 504
accommodations, or if you would like additional information, please contact your child’s teacher,
school counselor, or call the District’s Special Education Director/504 Coordinator, Kathy Hamblen
at 222-1002.